BAKED APRICOT GINGER SALMON serves 4
4 – 6 ounce salmon fillets
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season fillets with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Add fillets to skillet skin side up searing for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness.
- Flip fillets over and cook 3-4 minutes more to get a crisp skin.
- Pour sauce over fillets and place uncovered in the oven for 4-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, foil tent and let stand 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice pilaf and a fresh veggie.
APRICOT PINEAPPLE GINGER SAUCE
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons apricot pineapple preserves
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon FRESH minced
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- Blend preserves, vinegar, honey, ginger, salt and pepper in a mini food processor.
- Add pineapple.
- Add oil and blend JUST until emulsified. It will refrigerate in an air tight container for a week, but it never lasts that long around here.