GOOD MORNING sweet friends. I hope everyone had a wonderful week. Can you believe it’s August already? Summer is already half over and I for one am looking forward to fall, one of my favorite seasons!
We spent a few days away last week researching one of the areas we are considering for our move. While we were there, a large vintage, antique fair was at the fair grounds. I made out well with a few antique recipe boxes full of old recipes and some beautiful cruets for my flavored oils and vinegars.
I absolutely LOVE finding old recipe boxes! Some of the recipes are really unbelievable and irreplaceable finds. This time I even found some written in old pen and quill type ink – apparently quite old and many of them were signed 😀 And the cruets were bargain priced!
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW & THE WEATHER OUTSIDE & WHAT I’M WEARING This week is going to be about 10 degrees cooler and sunny 😀 I’m going to do some errands and shopping this morning so I have on Levi’s and a favorite t-shirt with flip flops
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE weak coffee with saltine crackers
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE, WEEKLY TO DO LIST, HOUSE & CRAFT PROJECTS, APPOINTMENTS
- LAUNDRY, LIVING AREAS & KITCHEN… ALL caught up
- YARD… nothing
- APPOINTMENTS & TO DO… one doctor appt for hubby and more sorting and repacking for me
- BLOG… a few new recipes to upload and some ETSY research for a new idea
- CRAFTS/PROJECTS… researching some alcohol painting and homemade inspired gift ideas from the antique show we went to last week. I also started the Christmas garland (pictures below) and am looking forward to finishing it soon!
ON MY MIND / THINGS THAT ARE MAKING ME HAPPY & FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA I FINALLY was able to get the garland started and am about a third of the way done!!
WHAT IS ON THE DVR, I LIKE OR ON THE LIST TO WATCH/SOMETHING INTERESTING I WATCHED Nothing really, ALL caught up here also. We did watch Disney’s John Carter which was quite entertaining!
I’M READING I finished the Ava Miles series Dare Valley Meets Paris series and have moved on to Karen Ann Hopkins Lamb to the Slaughter Book #1 of the Serenity Plains secrets series.
HEALTH & BEAUTY TIPS
MENU PLANS FOR THE WEEK
MONDAY – CHILI & CHILE CORNBREAD
TUESDAY – CANTONESE CHICKEN & MUSHROOMS with SNAP PEAS
WEDNESDAY – C.O.R.N. / Y.O.Y.O.
THURSDAY – APPLE ORANGE SALAD & CHIPOTLE ORANGE CHICKEN
FRIDAY – TERIYAKI SALMON & WALNUT COLESLAW
SATURDAY – BALSAMIC BROWN SUGAR BRISKET & ROASTED SALT and VINEGAR POTATOES
SUNDAY – SWEET & SOUR CARAMELIZED CHICKEN and SALAD
SUCCESSFUL RECIPE LINKS FROM LAST WEEK
- SWEET & SOUR CABBAGE ROLLS
- CHICKEN & STRAWBERRY SALAD with STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- BAKED APRICOT PINEAPPLE GINGER SALMON
- GREEN BEAN CAESAR SALAD
- IRISH NACHOS
- PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH SLAB APPLE PIE
FEATURED PARTY LINKS FOR THIS WEEK
- BALSAMIC BROCCOLI & BRUSSELS & CHICKEN SAUTE
- CARAMEL APPLE PIE BOMBS
- SEAFOOD SALAD & PARMESAN CHEESE ROLLS