The first time I used the leftovers as a thin layer in my Ravioli Lasagna between the first layer of ravioli and the meat sauce. Next time I will make a batch in a large flat baking dish that can be easily transferred to a thin layer in the lasagna.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into a 8″ greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and bake about 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with Crostini or sourdough chunks.
- If you don’t like garlic, it can be completely omitted or decreased in amount and you’ll still have a delicious warm cheesy dip.
- If you love a good strong garlic flavor like we do, mix an additional 4-6 cloves of minced garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil or avocado oil and pour over the top for the last 10 minutes of baking time.
- For a slightly sweet version, omit garlic and Italian seasonings and add a tablespoon of a good QUALITY honey, with additional honey to drizzle on top, great for brunch!
- Cut French bread in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Brush both sides with olive or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (optional).
- Bake at 400° for 3 minutes, flip and bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
I didn’t have any crostini, but did have some good sourdough bread that was beginning to stale so used that and it was great!