ROASTED FENNEL CHICKEN RED POTATOES & BROCCOLINI
1+1 tablespoons avocado oil
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 pound baby red potatoes
1 medium fennel bulb
1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence Seasoning Mix
1 navel orange
1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in an oven-safe, 12” skillet over medium-high heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook, skin-side down, until lightly browned, 4–6 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes; set aside (the chicken may not be fully cooked).
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Remove the top of the fennel, saving some of the fronds for serving, and cut into 1″ wedges.
- Toss the potatoes, fennel, seasoning mix, and remaining oil together in a large bowl.
- Then, add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir the vegetables.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until the chicken reaches 165° and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, zest the orange to measure ½ teaspoon and juice half of it.
- When the chicken is cooked, set it aside.
- Stir in the peas, zest, and juice.
- Simmer over high heat for 2–3 minutes.