1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped fine*
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1/2 cup grated carrots*
1/2 cup grated mushrooms*
5 ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 Jumbo eggs
3 slices sourdough bread, staled and broken into pieces
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs together with milk, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Add bread and soak a few minutes.
- Add onions, mushrooms, carrots, pork, beef and cheese mixing well with your hands so that it is all incorporated.
- Mold into a loaf pan**.
- Combine the ketchup and brown sugar until well mixed.
- Spread topping over top of meat mixture.
- Bake 1 hour.
*I run these through my Kitchen Aid shredder and it makes quick work of all the chopping and you get finer pieces to work into the meat.
**I usually make this 1 1/2 times and use a 9×9 stoneware cake pan so that it has lots of crispy edges and then we have leftovers for sandwiches. We LOVE meatloaf sandwiches!
I also watch for sales on chops and steaks so I can grind my own meat. Sooooooooo much better flavor and you know exactly what’s in it!
SWEET & SOUR TOMATOES
or SWEET & SOUR TOMATOES AND SNOW PEAS
3 Large tomatoes, washed and chopped
1/2 pound snow peas, washed and trimmed
3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
- Chop tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss tomatoes with vinegar mixture.
- Chill 24 hours before serving.
If you like to play along, please add a link to this post on your post and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun.
Tamy, this sounds like a completely different meatloaf than I am used to….can’t wait to try it!
That sounds so yummy!! I have dessert, Peanut Butter Fudge! Have a great day!!
This is a fresh take on meatloaf. I’ll have to try it.
I’ve been looking for a new meatloaf recipe. This one sounds exceptionally good. I will be trying it soon. Thanks for sharing it.
Meatloaf sandwiches the next day are the best part of having meatloaf! This sounds really tasty, too.
We just had it for dinner and it was sooooooooooooooooo good!
Oh, my this sounds wonderful…and hubby loves meatloaf, and I never make it.
wow, both of these sound super yummy!
This sounds like one fantastic meatloaf recipe!! The tomatoes ..MMM< I have to try with my garden ones! Nice to meet you.. this is my first time to your blog:)
Comments are closed.