Hollywood Squares: These great questions and answers are from the days when Hollywood Squares game show responses were spontaneous, not scripted, as they are now. Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course.
- Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet? A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I’m always safe in the bedroom.
- Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls? A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.
- Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do? A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?
- Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to? A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.
- Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people? A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.
- Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it? A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn’t neglected.
- Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do? A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.
- Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant? A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?
- Q. When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex? A. Charley Weaver: I’ll lend him the car, the rest is up to him
- Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they? A. Charley Weaver: His feet.
- Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed? A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh
- Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other? A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.
Those were the days when wit was more important than packaging and looks, eh?
Oh, that was funny! Paul Lynde was always my favorite. I watched it in reruns this summer.
And THAT is why Hollywood Squares was better before they went to scripts. Man, that was good stuff.
Those were hilarious (but I only saw 12. Did I miss one?)
This is great.
i cant stop grinning!
Click here for my Thursday Thirteen
#5 made me think of klinger from mash!
That was really cute! Thanks for the smiles.
Love this….and Paul Lynde was always my favorite center square!!! He always made me laugh. Even sometimes before he’d answer so well.
Does that age me or what?
My 13 this week is all about Labor in a funny way. Hope you can stop by to visit with me. Happy Thursday. [PS…you’ll need to scroll down below my Thursday Thunks to find my list of 13]
Hahaha good list! I brought some lols I need right now 🙂
Those were great. Love their quick comebacks on that show.
I needed a good laugh, thanks
*grin* They used to get a bit risqué, didn’t they?
Hmm they are silly…happy T13. Mine is ready.
Mine is here
I enjoyed that.
I enjoyed that.
Comments are closed.