CHOCOLATE OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER BLUEBERRY BARS
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking flour
1 teaspoon salt + pinch salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs
3 cups old fashion oats
1 1/2 + 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 + 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 /2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup dried blueberries
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, soda, teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one.
- Add vanilla and blend until light & fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Gently mix in oatmeal and 2/3 cup peanuts.
- Set aside 2 cups of mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 well greased baking dish.
- Scatter the blueberries randomly over the top of the oatmeal mixture.
- In a double boiler mix together the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and chocolate chips until melted and well blended.
- Stir in vanilla, raisins and remaining peanuts.
- Spread over the oatmeal layer.
- Working in small amounts flatten oat oatmeal dough and top chocolate mixture.
- With well greased fingers press gently on the top oatmeal dough to spread it out evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
On a personal note I would like to point out SnoWhite from Finding Joy in My Kitchen. She has 32 different and yummy oatmeal recipes for you to choose from. Head on over and check out her impressive list of oatmeal recipes. I made the oatmeal waffles this morning myself and was very surprised by them. They were really yummy!