CREAM OF BROCCOLI POTATO CHEESE SOUP
2 cups frozen hash browns
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, minced
1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
1 large crown broccoli, chopped
3-4 cups boiling water (depending on desired consistency)
2 tablespoons Better Bouillon
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
dash of white pepper
3/4 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the 1/2 cup salted butter, minced garlic and white pepper.
- Fold in grated cheese
- In a large skillet cook over low heat until it all melts together.
- Add frozen hash browns and saute’ until golden brown.
- Add onions and celery. Cook until translucent.
- In a large saucepan whisk the bouillon into the hot water.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, celery, broccoli pieces and onions.
- Simmer on low 1 hour until all vegetables are soft and tender.
- Mash vegetables.
- Add cheese and blend well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
SOUR CREAM BISCUITS
2 3/4 cups self rising flour
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Makes 12 biscuits.