ITALIAN CHICKEN PROVENCAL
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons minced garlic jar
2 large slices EXTRA SOUR sourdough bread
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground basil
1 large bay leave, deveined and crumbled
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 cup home made chicken broth*
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup mayonnaise**
6 chicken breasts
- Using a mortar and pestle revive the seasoning scents of the basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper by grinding fine.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, bay leaf and basil.
- Pour over the bread slices and soak the bread in the red wine vinegar mixture until all the vinegar is absorbed by the bread.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute’ until fragrant. With a slotted spoon transfer the garlic to the food processor.
- Lightly brown the bread on both sides in the olive oil. Transfer to a small food processor.
- Add the butter to the skillet so it can melt into the olive oil while you make the paste. Remove from heat.
- Add the almonds to the food processor. Process until you have a paste.
- Gradually add the broth to the paste to form a sauce.
- Return the skillet to the heat and brown chicken pieces on both sides until golden.
- Add the sauce mixture to the skillet. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice into the sauce in the pan until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and Parmesan Potatoes. I serve it with asparagus. The sauce is a perfect compliment for it.
- Serve & Enjoy!
*1 cup boiling water + 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
**light works well too
Thanks for pushing me over the edge into yet another blog, LOL! My food blog is now up and running 🙂
Everything looks really great over here!
Comments are closed.