ORANGE BANANA NUT BREAD or LEMON BANANA NUT BREAD
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 medium or 3 small RIPE bananas
6 oz. can unsweetened orange juice concentrate*
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the orange juice concentrate, bananas and eggs.
- Blend in nuts, coconut and raisins.
- Add flour mixture until well mixed.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Immediately top with melted butter.
*I use a large can as the small cans are getting hard to find, but using a large serrated knife, cut it in half and then make juice out of the other half. This recipe is also good if you substitute lemonade for the orange juice.