PAN SEARED CHICKEN BREAST with APRICOT RUM GLAZE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rum
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup apricot pineapple jam
8-12 dried apricots, finely sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken pieces.
- Brown chicken, turning once, until cooked through – about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat and add onion, sauteing until tender.
- Add apricots, rum, wine, lemon juice and vinegar, simmering until reduced by half.
- Add jam, blend well and simmer to desired consistency.
- Serve over chicken and white rice with fresh kiwi.
This chicken sounds yummy! 🙂
Love dressing up chicken in new ways! The kiwi looks awesome too! Thanks!
Comments are closed.