SHREDDED CHICKEN VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken or pork pieces
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoons canola oil
egg roll wrappers (I use Melissa’s)
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots, Saute’ until tender.
- Drain, retaining oil.
- In a large mixing bowl toss meat pieces with sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and blend well.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Fill center of each wrapper with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold 1st corner towards the center. Then fold each edge towards the center. With a pastry brush wet the exposed triangle of dough and roll the bulk onto it.
- Add oil back into pan and add the additional 2 tablespoons and bring to medium heat.
- Cook egg rolls on all 4 sides until golden.
BLACKBERRY PINEAPPLE DIPPING SAUCE
1/2 cup Blackberry Pineapple Jam
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat jam in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and thin.
- Whisk in honey and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
These sound great! I have made spring rolls, but egg rolls are on my short list (since I already have the wrappers) 😀
I hope you all try them and enjoy them as much as we did. These have become a family favorite.
I think the best thing about this post is the blackberry pineapple dipping sauce. It sounds sooooo good right now. Yummy.
I have never made egg rolls but I LOVE to eat them. I so want to try this! Love the dipping sauce too, yum!
Oh boy these look GOOD!! I love egg rolls, LOVE THEM! You’ve inspired me to make some. Soon!
Comments are closed.