Good Morning! I had a fairly SLOW and VERY WET weekend and have a very early appointment this morning so I’m getting going early.
I’m one of those people who unfortunately tends to remember dates and today is the anniversary of the Sylmar earthquake, my first one when I was quite young. LOL, I hate that I remember these things. I found this documentary video that I’d never seen.
Join in with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday. Be sure and stop by to see what it’s all about!
- Dr. Appointment
- Errands – Oil Change and tire rotation
ON THE TELEVISION:
Just the same old, same old until a few favorites start again next week.
January was REALLY foggy and damp, but still warmer and drier than most so I got really spoiled and wasn’t ready for the February temperature drop and rain, but here it is!
|TUESDAY||2/10||BAGEL & CREAM CHEESE||Smokey Navy Bean Soup|
|WEDNESDAY||2/11||YOGURT||Pink Lemon Chicken|
|THURSDAY||2/12||FRUIT||French Onion Soup with Mac & Cheese Croutons|
|SATURDAY||2/14||Luau Benedicts||Grilled Steaks & Baked Potatoes with Cheesecake for Valentine’s|
|SUNDAY||2/15||Farmer’s Breakfast||Caribbean Pork Steaks|
I actually found (made) some time to do a DIY project. Every year at Christmas time I go looking for decorative Christmas ornament hooks. They are always so expensive when you can find them! Then recently I found some “country” ones in a catalog as a Christmas close out and they were 80% off!
- The only problem was the color, but a can of silver spray paint fixed that! The other problem is that Christmas hooks tangle up so much. So, after these were dry I lined them up and used tie wraps to keep them in group ready for next year’s ornaments.
- Next year before adding the ornaments I think I’ll add some red beads to each one.
- LAST WEEK’S RECIPE EXPERIMENTS
- Walnut Balsamic London Broil
- 12 Hour Salad
- Molasses Ginger Brownie Bars with Mocha Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting – recipe this week
- Vanilla Buttermilk Pancakes
- THIS WEEK RECIPES TO TRY
- FRENCH ONION SOUP with MAC & CHEESE CROUTONS will post tomorrow.
As I rotate out my worn out (at least for my face and body) loofa wash cloth and back scrubbing cloth I use them as cleaning rags.
I had a horrible week dealing with my primary care doctor’s office. They are horrible, they don’t return calls, have an excuse for everything, promise and then never follow through, always send my referrals to the wrong insurance company… I’m PRAYING that common sense prevails with some medical issues and the
imbeciles, idiots, ignorant, clueless people handling the paperwork and appointments dealing with it.