BROWN SUGAR PORK CHOPS
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 boneless pork rib or loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chops with black pepper.
- Cook pork chops in hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until brown on outside and slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet cook and stir onion over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Push onions around the edges.
- Lower heat to low and add orange juice, red pepper and brown sugar, stirring for 1 minute or until sugar is completely dissolved and heated through.
- Stir onions into sauce.
- Spoon sauce over chops.