ROASTED PEPPER CORN CUPS serves 2
1 tablespoon butter
2 large ears of corn
2 tablespoons sugar
1 shallot, finely diced
1 Serrano pepper, remove veins and seeds, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I used whiskey flavored)
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (I used mesquite)
1 teaspoon Frank’s original hot sauce
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1/3 – 1/2 cup Jack cheese
- Bring a pot of unsalted water to a boil.
- Add the sugar and ears of corn. **
- Boil for 4-5 minutes, then cool completely.
- Cut corn of the cob.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and chilies to butter, stirring until starting to caramelize and brown.
- Add corn cooking until corn starts to brown.
- Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, liquid smoke and lime juice stirring to coat.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle a little cheese in each bowl, top with corn mixture and garnish with a little more cheese.
**NOTE: DO NOT ADD SALT TO THE WATER. Salt will harden the corn. The sugar will actually soften the corn and add a touch of flavor.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday
What a delicious cup of corn, this recipe looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday! Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!