These are some of my favorite go to danish for a holiday morning. They can be made ahead and served room temperature or warmed up with a dot of butter for decadence.
ALMOND WALNUT DANISH
1 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons yeast
4 eggs, beaten
7 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup + walnut crumbles
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add milk and water whisking until smooth consistency and JUST boiling.
- Cool 5-10 minutes so you don’t kill the yeast.
- Add the sugar, salt and yeast to form a sponge like blob.
- Add the eggs until uniform consistency.
- In a mixer with a dough hook attached, combine flour and yeast mixture.
- Knead well. Put in refrigerator for at least several hours, but overnight is better.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll a ball of dough the size of a golf ball into a rope and coil into a circle. Make sure the center is thinner than the outer edges to hold the filling in. Sometimes I prefer squares, but you just have to work with your dough after you have it coiled.
- Fill with a heaping tablespoon of filling per danish (recipe below).
- Let rise an hour in a warm place.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Frost with drizzle.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk together butter, milk, almond extract and orange peel until well blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until desired consistency.
- Drizzle all over danish, sprinkling with walnuts.
Those look so good – pinning! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger’s Pit Stop!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!
I have always wanted to make my own Danishes, and your recipe looks and sounds delicious, thank you for sharing!
Thank you – I hope you enjoy it. 😀
Your awesome post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. I just pinned it to our Featured board and enjoy your new Red Plate! Thanks so much for sharing with us and come back soon!
Thank you so much! It’s ALWAYS an honor to featured at your blog!
Your Almond Walnut Danish looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
[…] ALMOND WALNUT DANISH […]