CHILI HONEY LIME SALMON
2 limes – 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice (about 1 lime and 1 lemon juiced) and 1 lime cut into wedges
1/4 cup FRESH chopped Italian Parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
4 garlic cloves, minced
+/- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes (based on spice level preference)
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon honey
4 FRESH salmon fillets
4-6 baby sweet red, orange, yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and diced
1 large shallot, sliced thick
- Preheat oven to broil settings on high heat.
- Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Spray foil with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk together lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chili flakes, cumin and salt together to combine.
- Add the honey and whisk again until well combined.
- Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray.
- Pour half of the marinade evenly over salmon, peppers and shallots, turning to coat well.
- Broil until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges and the salmon is cooked to your liking, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor.
Leave a reply