PAN SEARED SWORDFISH with LEMON SAUCE
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons FRESH chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, plus more for garnish
1/2 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon zest in small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Heat butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns.
- Add swordfish to skillet, cooking until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven.
- Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer swordfish to plates.
- Top with Lemon Sauce
1/3 cup butter
2 green onions, finely minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
a pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup FRESH squeezed lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
1/4 cup hot water
a couple drops Tabasco
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add green onions and sauce a few minutes.
- Whisk in the paprika, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- When well blended add lemon juice, hot water and Tabasco.
- Add lemon zest just before serving.
[…] PAN SEARED SWORDFISH with LEMON SAUCE […]