It just doesn’t get much better than that these mouth watering warm cinnamon sugar rolls that pull apart into soft and flaky layers after being smothered in a sweet vanilla glaze. Because of my inability to eat sugar these days I skip the glaze, but they are just as good!
CINNAMON BUTTER MONKEY ROLLS Servings: 12
12 Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
VANILLA ICING (optional)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place frozen rolls in a 9×13-inch baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Grease muffin tin
- In the morning, cut each roll into 3 pieces.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a second small bowl.
- Roll each piece in butter and then in the cinnamon mixture.
- Place 3 pieces in each muffin tin, making sure the edges all meet.
- Cover with a cheesecloth and leave in warm place until double in size, about 2 hours depending on the warmth of your house.
- When rolls have risen, remove cloth and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Carefully remove rolls from muffin tin as soon as they are finished baking.
- Brush vanilla glaze over the warm rolls.
- Serve warm.