I found this recipe on Facebook and decided to give it a try for our special Superbowl goodies this year. I try and find “unusual” recipes to try each year for the BIG game. Recipes on Facebook and Pinterest can really be a hit or miss situation. I’d say we probably have a 75% success rate 😀 But, these were fantastic!
BBQ “ICE CUBE TRAY” BACON BALLS
10-12 thin sliced bacon strips
1 pound hamburger
FRESH ground sea salt and pepper
1/4 cup FRESH chopped parsley
1/2 onion, FINELY chopped
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Favorite BBQ sauce
- LIGHTLY spray ice cube tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Overlap bacon slices across an ice cube tray.
- Gently push bacon into the ice cube holes.
- Mix together hamburger, egg, parsley, bread crumbs and seasonings until well blended.
- Divide meat into equal portions and press into ice cube tray.
- Fold bacon slices over top of meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Turn ice cube tray over onto a baking sheet and gently lift ice cube tray off.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and generously brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cut apart into individual “cubes.
- Insert toothpicks and serve.