I was recently chatting with a bartender friend of mine and it occurred to us that not only did Cinco de Mayo fall on Taco Tuesday this year, something this bar is well known for in the area, but so does St. Patrick’s Day. We were throwing about ideas for Corned Beef Tacos, but it just didn’t feel right. So, I started playing around to come up with a taco recipe for St. Patrick’s Day and we have a winner!!
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1 tablespoon FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Combine all the seasonings until well blended.
- Rub pork shoulder ALL over and set aside 5-10 minutes while you heat the oil.
2 tablespoons avocado oil
3 pound pork shoulder
1 onion, sliced thin
2 Guiness 12 ounce beers *
6 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Sear Pork on ALL sides.
- Add onion pieces.
- Add garlic.
- Add Guinness.
- Cover and move to oven for 3 1/2-4 hours.
- Shred meat from bone and discard bone.
- Return meat to juice.
SALSA VERDE CREMA
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa verde
handful chopped cilantro
1 lime juiced\
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients together to desired color and consistency. The more you blend the lighter the color will become.
Tortillas (regular or spinach) (hot oil dipped or soft)
shredded cabbage or coleslaw
- Spread a layer of cream over the tortilla.
- Top with a forkful of shredded pork.
- Top with a forkful of slaw or cabbage.
- Add a dollop more of cream.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
NOTE: I am not fond of beer so I also have a version where the beer is substituted with ginger ale. Canada Dry has a new version that is paired with Orangeade that makes this dish out of this world!!