SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESE BEEF & RICE Yield: 6-8 servings
I think grams originally found this on a Campbell’s soup label and her version was always done in the oven made with pork, which is part of what makes it a filling, hearty, winter family meal. But now I’ve updated it to include a beef version. Preparing this in the slow cooker makes it even easier and even more versatile! A little goes a long way, making it super easy and budget friendly too!
1 1/2 pounds chuck steak beef pieces
1 SMALL red onion, chopped or sliced thin
1/2 green pepper, washed, seeded and cut into thin rings
2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup water
1 – 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper, to taste
1 stick of butter, cubed
- Spray the slow cooker insert with non-stick spray.
- Add the beef pieces.
- Top with onions and peppers.
- Whisk together the mushroom soup, beef broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over pork chops and onions.
- Add the cubes of butter on top.
- Replace lid and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Remove lid and shred any large pieces of beef.
2 cups long grain white rice
1 cup water
1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Add the rice and 1 cup of water.
- Stir to make sure the rice is covered with liquid and replace the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes to one more hour, or until rice is done cooking.
- Remove the lid, add the shredded cheese, and stir.