BROWN BUTTER & SAGE GNOCCHI with SWEET POTATOES & PECANS
Adapted from Marley Spoon’s Eliza Winograd
FRESH ground sea salt & black pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 + 1 + 3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
2-3 cups potato gnocchi
1 tablespoon FRESH thyme leaves
2 tablespoons FRESH sage, chopped
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 shallot, FINELY chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- You have to time this just right so that the gnocchi are not done too quickly. Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook, stirring, until tender and most of the gnocchi float to the top, 2–3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain gnocchi and return to pot.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add chopped pecans and sage. Cook, stirring, until nuts are golden brown and fragrant, 2–3 minutes (WATCH CLOSELY)
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sage and pecans to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with a little salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high.
- Add sweet potatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until browned and almost soft, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add 2 more tablespoons butter, thyme leaves and shallots. Cook, stirring, until shallots are softened and butter is browned, 2–3 minutes more.
- Add reserved cooking water and most of the Parmesan. Cook over medium-high, gently stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in MOST of the pecan mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining crispy pecans, sage and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
[…] BROWN BUTTER & SAGE GNOCCHI with SWEET POTATOES & PECANS […]