GRANDMA WARE’S SKILLET CORN BREAD
1 cup white corn meal or half white and half yellow
1 heaping teaspoon flour
1 rounded teaspoon salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 LARGE egg
1 tablespoon bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and buttermilk together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients JUST until belnded.
- Grease cast iron skillet with bacon grease.
- Pour batter into skillet and level.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.