CRISPY BAKED LEMON GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN with ROASTED VEGGIES adapted from CAFE DELITES
1 LARGE egg
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon FRESH chopped Italian parsley
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup FINELY ground breadcrumbs
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Thin mozzarella slices
1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, quartered
4-5 carrots, peeled and rustic chopped
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, garlic, most of the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet and LIGHTLY spray chicken with cooking oil spray also.
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic and salt to taste, and pour half of the butter mixture over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange the potatoes and carrots around the chicken in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and carefully flip each chicken breast.
- Move the potatoes and carrots to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Pour the remaining garlic butter over top and return to the oven for 10 minutes more, or until chicken is golden and crisp, and potatoes are cooked through.
- Top with cheese if you choose.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.