This recipe is a modified version of a Pampered Chef recipe. I was not fond of their use of kale so I changed it to spinach nor did I want to buy all the products they recommended, but were not actually necessary to achieve the same results. I also exchanged the chemically altered, prepackaged or reduced fat products to their more wholesome versions. 😀
CALIFORNIA CHICKEN CLUB RING
3-4 cups baby spinach leaves, torn small
1 bunch green onions, trimmed and slices
12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded provolone or Jack cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional – if omitting, double the mayonnaise)
3-4 cups small diced rotisserie chicken pieces
2-8 ounce cans crescent rolls
1 LARGE egg yolk
½ teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Brush pizza pan with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the spinach leaves into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the green onion, garlic and bacon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH, for 30 seconds, or until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard, stirring to combine.
- Add the tomatoes, cheese and chicken pieces, stirring to combine.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 16 triangles.
- Arrange the wide ends about 1″ away from the inner ring of the platter.
- The points should extend over the edge of the platter. Smooth flat the wide ends of the dough.
- Distribute the filling evenly over the dough.
- Bring the points of the triangles up and over the filling, then tuck the points under the dough toward the center to form a ring.
- Whisk the egg yolk and water in a small bowl.
- Brush the ring with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
½ cup sour cream
1-2 large avocados, pitted and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 green onions, sliced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all the dip ingredients to a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowls.