HONEY LEMON (or ORANGE) PORK CHOPS – serves 4
4 boneless pork chops
1 orange or lemon sliced ¼” thick
½ cup orange or lemon juice
¼ cup QUALITY honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon FINELY chopped thyme or rosemary
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- GENEROUSLY season both sides of pork chops with the FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper .
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat, and add butter.
- Once butter is melted, sauté both sides pork chops for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté garlic, thyme or rosemary and orange or lemon slices for 2 minutes.
- De-glaze pan with juice and honey and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return pork chops and any liquid from resting period to sauté pan
- Baste chops for 3 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 145°F.