BLACKENED ORANGE ROUGHY for 2
Buttery, tender and super quick make this the PERFECT weeknight menu choice.
2 orange roughy fillets
2-3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon paprika
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
pinch of cumin
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 LARGE lemons, 1 sliced in rings the other in wedges
scallion greens or chopped cilantro for garnish
- Rinse orange roughy fillet in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix spices in a small bowl and cover the fish entirely.
- Preheat WELL seasoned cast iron pan in oven if you have time.
- Heat butter in HOT skillet.
- Add fillets, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Gently flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon slices.
- Top with wedges and chopped greens.
- Serve immediately.
NOTES: DO NOT move fish during cooking otherwise it may stick to the skillet.