As everyone knows bacon is the duct tape of the culinary world or more commonly BACON MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER 😀
This recipe is super simple, yet extremely tasty! PERFECT for any night of the week. It is also grill friendly if you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, but I prefer the oven.
STUFFED GREEN CHILE CHEESE CHICKEN serves 6-8
8 slices bacon
4 LARGE chicken breasts
1 LARGE can WHOLE green chiles, rinsed and sliced open
FRESH ground black pepper
4 ounces COLD cream cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with foil and top with roasting rack LIGHTLY sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise so you have 8 thin steaks.
- Season both sides of chicken steaks with garlic salt and FRESH ground black pepper.
- Place cream cheese slices on top of chicken steaks.
- Add a green chile on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Roll each piece up TIGHTLY.
- Wrap each piece with a bacon slice and secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange chicken bundles in a single layer on roasting rack.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Brush with BBQ sauce and bake another 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.