CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BROWNIE BOMBS yields 24
1 box of brownie mix and the ingredients it takes to make them or a batch of homemade
3/4 cup chocolate frosting
15 ounces almond bark
1 jar maraschino cherries (see note)
- Bake the brownies as directed and let cool completely. Do not overcook the brownies, crunchy brownie bits don’t make for good bombs.
- Crumble the made brownies and mix in about 3/4 a cup of chocolate frosting – you want a similar consistency to cake pops. You may need to add a little more, but you want to start out on the low side and add more as needed. You want a consistency that stays together easily, but isn’t too sticky to roll into balls.
- Use about 1 1/2 of brownie frosting mixture and roll it into a ball, but then make a hole in the middle.
- Add one cherry into the center and fold the brownie ball in over the cherry making sure to seal the cherry in. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once you have all your bombs made, pop them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Melt your almond bark. You may need a little more or a little less depending on how heavily you coat the bombs.
- Remove the bombs from the freezer but keep them in the refrigerator.
- Working with one bomb at a time, drop it into the melted almond bark, pull it back out, and tap off the excess chocolate.
- Place it on wax paper and wait for it to dry completely.
- If you want to add sprinkles do so IMMEDIATELY as the almond bark will dry quickly.