PAN SEARED CHICKEN with CHARRED CARROTS and APPLE BROWN BUTTER VINAIGRETTE
1 + 2 + 1 tablespoon butter
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
4 chicken breasts
1/4 up almond flour
1 bunch green onions, sliced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon FRESH thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 LARGE Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and diced
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat.
- Add carrot chunks in a single layer cooking 6-8 minutes, turning as necessary until all sides are charred.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 30 minutes or until caramelized and tender.
- Add 2 more tablespoons butter to pan.
- Generously season chicken with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken to hot butter and sear 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to carrot pan in the oven to bake 10 minutes while you prepare the vinaigrette.
- Add remaining butter to pan.
- When melted add green onions, chili flakes, apple pieces, sugar and thyme leaves sauteing t minutes until apples are tender.
- Add lemon juice and vinegar, stir to coat and cooking 2-3 minutes more until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Plate chicken and carrots.
- Spoon apples and sauce over carrots and chicken.
I hope you enjoy it! We love vinegar in just about everything 😀
OH, this looks really good. I think this is going in my upcoming menu plans too.