SWEET & SOUR PORK – 6 servings
2 tablespoons paprika
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 2-3 inch chunks
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
1 LARGE shallot, sliced
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup homemade chicken broth
1/4 packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Sliced green onions, optional
Hot cooked rice, optional
- Generously season pork pieces with the paprika, FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Heat avocado oil in cast iron skillet.
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Remove pork to crock pot.
- Add shallot and red pepper and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add shallots and red pepper to crock pot.
- Whisk together the pineapple, chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar and liquid aminos.
- Pour over pork mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until pork pieces are tender and shreds easily.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice.