These are still a bit of a work in progress. The second time I made these I did them on a jelly roll pan in a single layer and they were amazing. Next time I’m going to try milk chocolate chips, maybe even mini chips.
CHOCOLATE FRITO BARS yields 24 bars
18 1/2 ounces Fritos corn chips
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Grease a 13×9 cake pan.
- Sprinkle half of the corn chips evenly over the bottom.
- Sprinkle half the chocolate chips over the corn chips.
- In a heavy sauce pan combine the sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour half the mixture over the corn chip layer.
- Top with remaining corn chips followed by the remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the remaining peanut butter mixture evenly over the last layer.
- Let stand until set.
- Cut into bars.