SLOW COOKED SPICY BEEF TIPS & GRAVY
This mouth watering slow cooked spicy beef tips & gravy is the PERFECT hearty and savory meal for a cool evening. Serve it over creamy mashed potatoes, your favorite pasta or even rice for a wonderful supper.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 7 hrs Total Time 7 hrs 10 mins
2 pounds stew meat
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste (about 1 teaspoon of each)
½ teaspoon FRESH dried thyme
3-4 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1 package dry LIPTON’S onion soup mix
2 cups homemade beef broth
3 tablespoons Jalapeno ketchup
1 tablespoon Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 LARGE shallot, sliced into rings
2 LARGE carrots, rustic chop
- Place stew meat in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, topped by shallot rings.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, onion soup, beef broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch to a medium bowl, whisking together well.
- Pour over beef tips.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- At hour 5 or 6 add carrots.
- Cook 1-2 hours more until carrots are tender.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes, and enjoy!
Leave a reply