ARROZ VERDE con POLLO
1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
1/4 cup FRESH chopped cilantro
3-4 garlic cloves, FINELY minced
2 tablespoons FRESH lime juice
2 cups homemade chicken bone broth
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained well and divided
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed
- Preheat oven 325°.
- In a small food processor puree half of the onion, half of the green chiles, cilantro, garlic and lime juice.
- Add puree to a small sauce pan with the bone broth, simmering on low.
- In a cast iron skillet heat oil and butter together.
- Add chicken pieces to beaten egg and then dredge in WONDRA flour, shaking off excess.
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil and quickly sear on each side 2-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add remaining green chiles and remaining onion to hot oil. Saute 3-4 minutes to crisp tender.
- Add rice cooking until slightly browned.
- Add bone broth mixture to pan and stir well.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Baked covered 35-40 minutes until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Plate chicken, fluff rice and plate also.
- Drizzle reserved sauce over top.