8.5 ounce JIFFY corn bread muffin mix
1 + 1 tablespoon Pampered Chef south west seasoning
1 LARGE egg, lightly beaten
10 ounce can enchilada sauce
1 pound ground beef
16 ounce jar of your favorite salsa
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained WELL
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare an bake corn bread muffin mix per package directions.
- Cool COMPLETELY, then crumble into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the seasoning, egg, beef and half the enchilada sauce. Mix lightly, but thoroughly.
- Shape into golf ball size balls and place on LIGHTLY greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer meatballs to shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining enchilada sauce, salsa, chiles, 1/2 cup of the cheese and remaining taco seasoning. Pour over meatballs, turning to coat.
- Bake another 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately.