BLACK BEANS & RICE with CHICKEN
1 cup uncooked Basmati rice
1 cup water
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2-3 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1/4 cup minced scallions or red onions
1 can seasoned black beans, rinsed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
GARNISHES: sour cream, grated cheese, minced onions, salsa, avocado chunks, lime wedges…
- In a LARGE non-stick skillet, combine water, chicken broth, chili powder, FRESH ground sea salt, black pepper and rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, cooking 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Add beans during the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chicken.
- Recover and let sit 5 minutes until chicken is heated through.
- Add a scoop of fritos to the plate and top with a spoonful of the rice mixture.
- Top with garnishes of choice.