I hope you’re having a WONDERFULLY relaxing and happy 4th of July – Stay safe and don’t forget to hydrate! It’s HOT out there.
DOUBLE BANANA CAKE
18 ounce banana cake mix plus any ingredients to prepare it according to package directions
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 banana, THINLY sliced
4 tablespoons NUTELLA hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9 inch deep baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Dot batter with NUTELLA.
- Using a knife swirl the Nutella into the cake mix.
- Layer banana slices in a single layer on top.
- With your fingers or the back of a spoon press banana slices down into the cake batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out of center clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Frost as desired.