These little gems have become an ALL TIME tailgating appetizer favorite for any gathering! You can change up the meats and cheese for your own liking 😀
BAKED HAM & CHEESE SANDWICHES
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons HEINZ yellow mustard**
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3 teaspoons sugar
1 package King’s Hawaiian rolls (I use the 8 pack small burger size)
8 slices COLBY cheddar cheese, halved
8 thin slices of deli ham, halved
8 slices Provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl whisk together the butter, mustard or mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and poppy seeds.
- Place the bottoms in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Brush each bottom with butter mixture.
- Top each bun with layers of Colby cheese, deli ham and Provolone cheese folded to fit accordingly.
- Brush with half the butter mixture.
- Put roll tops on. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake, uncovered 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
NOTE: I’m deathly allergic to mustard and substitute mayonnaise for the mustard and then put mustard on the serving table for others to use at their pleasure.