GRILLED GENERAL TSO’s CHICKEN
4 pounds of your favorite chicken pieces (we like legs and thighs) 😀
3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1/4 catsup jalapeno ketchup
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
LARGE bunch green onions, sliced for garnish
Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- Whisk together the liquid aminos and oil.
- Pour into a large ziploc bag.
- Add chicken pieces, seal and chill 2 hours.
- Whisk together the ketchup, corn syrup, vinegar, garlic, crushed red pepper and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Oil grates.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down.
- Grill 10 minutes uncovered on the hot side of the grill, rotating (NOT flipping) often to avoid burning, until skin is crispy.
- FLIP chicken to cooler side of the grill, cover and continue grilling 30 minutes or so until you reach 165°.
- Brush chicken with sauce during last 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on platter.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with remains sauce.