6-8 skin on chicken thighs
1/2 cup peperoncino brine
2 + 2 tablespoon QUALITY avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 stalks celery, sliced thin
1/2 red onion cut root to tip, sliced thin
4-6 cloves garlic
1 pound baby potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped thyme leaves**
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped parsley**
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat a large cast iron skillet (I like my enamel covered cast iron) with 2 tablespoons of QUALITY avocado oil and heat over medium heat.
- Generously season chicken with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken skin side down. Cook undisturbed 10 minutes or until chicken skin is browned.
- While chicken is browning toss the potatoes, peperoncinos, remaining oil, peperoncino brine, garlic, half the red onions, half of the celery, a generous turn of ground sea salt and black pepper.
- When chicken is browned, turn the pieces over onto a plate.
- Add potato mix to pan and stir to combine well.
- Nestle chicken thighs skin side up into the potato mix.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 45-50 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- I like to use herb mixes that my local store carried to make my dollar go farther.
- After plating the chicken and potatoes you can also make a gravy out of the juices if you’d like.