FIG GLAZED CHICKEN & WHITE BEANS
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 large shallots, halved and sliced
1 can small northern white beans or cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup fig preserves
1/3 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped thyme
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the fig preserves, chicken broth, lemon juice, champagne vinegar, thyme,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a large cast iron skillet add the oil to the hot pan and brown chicken pieces in batches, starting with skin side down.
- Remove chicken from pan and add shallots, sautéing until golden.
- Add fig preserve mixture and bring to a SLOW boil. Be sure to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken pieces back in. Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and return to a SLOW boil.
- Cook uncovered 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Leave a reply