WINTER PORK ROAST
3 pound boneless pork loin roast
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 + 1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
8 ounces sweet orange marmalade or apricot pineapple jam
8 ounces whole cranberry sauce (canned is okay, but I prefer fresh)*
FRESH cranberries, for garnish
sliced oranges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pat pork roast dry.
- Rub with avocado oil.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Sear each side over high heat for 2 minutes per side. Place in roasting pan.
- While searing the pork, start your sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup orange juice, apple cider vinegar, apricot pineapple jam or orange marmalade, and cranberry sauce.
- Pour sauce over the pork.
- Roast for 60-80 minutes (140°-145° in the most central part of the pork), basting every 20 minutes with the sauce mixture.
- Remove from oven and place pork on a foil tented plate to cool/rest for 10 minutes.
- While pork is resting, add remaining 1/4 cup orange juice to the juices left over from cooking to a saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer while pork rests. Slice and serve pork, drizzled with more sauce and garnished with orange slices and fresh cranberries.
NOTES: * I always make a HUGE batch of homemade cranberry sauce over the holidays so I have some in the freezer. Cranberries are hard to come by the rest of the year.
Looks so delicious. Festive and full of flavor. I am happy to feature this yummy dish at Love Your Creativity.
Looks delicious. I love how you added the orange and cranberries. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity.
Tami, this looks so succulent! Thanks so much for sharing at the Lazy Gastronome’s What’s for Dinner party! Have a fabulous weekend and hope to see you on Sunday!
[…] – WINTER PORK ROAST TUESDAY – BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATLOAF & BACON MAC & CHEESE WEDNESDAY – C.O.R.N. […]