ROOT BEER FLOAT BROWNIES
START TO FINISH PREP & BAKING 2 HOURS, but oh so worth it!!
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cups unsweetened baking cocoa
4 LARGE eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 sticks butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray 8 inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray.**
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and chocolate chips until mixture can be stirred together smoothly. Remove from heat
- Stir in the eggs and root beer extract.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa and the salt.
- Stir together the wet and dry mixtures JUST until combined, but not lumpy.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- COOL completely!!!! before glazing.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon root beer extract
2 tablespoons STRONG root beer
QUALITY French Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Add root beer and whisk until smooth.
- Pour glaze over brownies.
- Cut into squares.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream & Enjoy!
NOTE:** I like to use my square springform pan to make life easier.