TAMALE BUNDT PIE
1 1/4 pounds ground beef
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
16 ounces thick and chunky salsa
1 small can chopped green chiles, drained WELL
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- Add seasonings and salsa, stirring to blend. Cook 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup SHARP cheddar cheese
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, oil and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients whisking JUST until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- GENEROUSLY spray bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle green chiles on bottom of pan.
- Spread half the batter over the green chiles.
- Top evenly with filling.
- Add remaining batter and spread smooth.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack.
- Loosen edges with a knife.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Garnish with crema and chopped tomatoes.
SALSA VERDE CREMA
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa verde
handful chopped cilantro
1 lime juiced
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients together to desired color and consistency. The more you blend the lighter the color will become.
What a great Tamale Bundt Pie, we will love it! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us soon!
Now this is not only creative, it looks and sounds so good! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn .
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
[…] TAMALE BUNDT PIE with SALSA VERDE CREMA […]