JACK ALLEN’S MAMA’S CHICKEN
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper, to taste
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (optional)
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin or chopped
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Generously season chicken with FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper.
- Roast chicken 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is roasting, melt butter in large cast iron skillet.
- Saute’ onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add Dijon if using and cook 3 minutes.
- Add wine, broth and heavy cream, blending well and cooking over medium high heat 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, cooking another 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken pieces to sauce, turning to coat.
NOTE: I listed the Dijon as optional because I CANNOT tell you how it tastes with it due to my severe allergy. BUT, I can tell you this tastes awesome without it 😀