TOMATO BEEF & NOODLES serves 2-4
3/4 pound chuck steak, cut into bite sized pieces
FRESH ground sea salt & black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons QUALITY tomato paste
1/2 cup beef stock
1 cup uncooked egg noodles
FRESH chopped parsley for garnish
- Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Generously season meat with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Place 1/4 cup flour in large ziploc bag.
- Add beef pieces and shake to coat. Shake off excess flour as you add the pieces to the hot oil.
- Sear beef QUICKLY, but do not cook through.
- Transfer beef pieces to slow cooker.
- Add onions to oil and saute until translucent.
- In a small bowl whisk together the beef stock, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and paprika.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Whisk together the water and flour until smooth.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Re-cover and cook 30 minutes more or until thickened.
- While mixture is thickening prepare noodles per package instructions.
- Serve over prepared noodles.