PINEAPPLE BACON BAKED BEANS
6 slices bacon, diced
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 – 15 ounce cans small northern cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup dried chopped apricots
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons – 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup pineapple preserves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon pieces with a slotted to drain on paper toweling.
- Add onions to bacon grease and saute’ 5 minutes until tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ketchup, vinegar, preserves, Worcestershire sauce and paprika, stirring until well blended.
- Fold in rinsed and drained beans, apricot pieces, half the bacon pieces and onions.
- Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes until heated through.
- Stir gently to mix well.
- Top with remaining bacon and serve immediately.