GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN Serves: 4
¼ cup of salt
4 cups warm water
4 medium sized chicken breasts, pounded to an even 3/4 inch thickness
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped parsley, for garnish
- Combine the ¼ cup of salt and warm water in a shallow baking dish and stir it gently until the salt is dissolved.
- Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter in a large baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer, turning to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- Rub 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture evenly over the each chicken breast, pressing gently.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until surface is golden and cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.