BAKED FRENCH ONION RICE
1 cup long grained rice
10.5 ounce can French onion soup
2 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup butter, sliced
1/2 pound mushrooms cleaned and diced
1 shallot, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots, sauteing 2 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add mushrooms, cooking 5 minutes more until beginning to caramelize.
- Add rice, stirring to coat.
- In a bowl whisk together the beef broth and french onion soup.
- Stir in the rice mixture.
- Spread rice mixture into prepared casserole.
- Dot with butter slices.
- Bake 50 minutes.